Saturday, January 1, 2011

reflections

Looking Back...and taking time to reflect--2010

Being a mama to these boys this year has challenged me to grow in all aspects!  I could have never guessed how challenging being a good mom is! I'm so thankful for a husband that makes me a better parent and for my own parents who have demonstrated parenthood for me.
  I enjoy every almost every moment of mamahood. It is so hard, however each day truly gets me closer the the legacy I intend to leave.
  I love to love them, I love to watch them explore, and I delight in their eagerness to know about life. I've struggled this year with time management, keeping up on my house chores, being consistent with discipline and not robbing my husband of the time he deserves! But.....I'm still working!
 When they are happy, I'm happy.  When they hurt I just ache.  And when they defy me I struggle with feeling defeated.  BUT...I love it and I admit that finding JOY in each day sometimes takes binoculars!
Joyful moments that are easy to see...kisses, secrets, and hugs!


Frosty's on the kitchen floor!
Mom....look!


Who watches ELMO on a picnic?!?!


Family days at the park!

Michigan Vacation
The events go on and on of what this family has encountered.... prayers, stitches, sickness, swimming, time-outs, lessons learned, questions, answers, giggles, screams, growing, and lots and lots of unconditional love!  I just want to slow down time and soak it all in.  May I be ever thankful for these times I've been granted and may they be forever implanted in my memory.

Tired, Tired!

 
First day of school!
Fixing the shelf with papa!





I welcome 2011 with the next journey and lesson God has for me, and I'm thrilled that's he's not finished with me yet!







1 comment:

  1. Every time I visit your blog I remember when my boys, 20 months apart, were the age of you all's two gorgeous boys. I know you are doing a fantastic job as parents.

    Funny to read this now. Just about an hour ago, I was saying aloud, "Being a parent is the hardest job around, hardest job around." Needless to say the boys around my home are teenagers now.

    Most important, being a parent is the best, most rewarding blessing. The more they grow, the more I grow.

    Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I love listening!

About Me

My photo
Totally in love with my life and I don't want to miss a thing!
treasures of mine